DRAPTEX (post-drapable non-crimp fabric with gap-free surface made of glass fibers) can be fitted perfectly into your component. It serves mainly as local reinforcment in components. The fact that the fibers are movable guarantees an even higher drapability. One side offers a gap-free fiber surface.
Our non-crimp fabric is made of glass. The material can be adjusted individually due to your specific ideas and requirements.
The width and mass per unit area of the biaxial can be varied. The standard width is 120 cm. Additionally, it is possible to use other types of reinforcing fibers.
DRAPTEX is mainly used as reinforcement of components in the composite sector, where a visible or painted surface side is needed. Especially the engineering, aerospace and automotive sector offer numerous possibilities for applications.
- simplification of the production process
- easier drapability of componets with demanding geometric forms
- low weight at high stability
- glass fibers certified by Germanischer Lloyd
- gap-free surface
- minimizes the time of cutting process as it is possible to drape most geometries → reduces process costs